- Flexible Modeling technology provides a highly-adaptive design environment that supports unanticipated design directions, making SpaceClaim ideal for conceptual engineering, design creation, and modification.
- Geometric Inferencing works unobtrusively and in real time to highlight design similarities, such as equal radius holes or coplanar surfaces, to aid the user during geometry creation and modification.
- Integrated Workspace for parts and assemblies supports top-down design by enabling users to split and merge components and to alter assembly structure as needed.
- Open XML data format makes all design data accessible for product data and lifecycle management, ensuring long-term protection of customer data.
User Interface Advancements
- SmartTools™ understand the user’s modeling intent simply by recognizing what geometry is selected and in what context. By determining what operation to perform without excessive drop-down menus, dialogue boxes, and user clicks, SpaceClaim dramatically improves users’ productivity.
- Hints are a unique user interface advancement that automatically presents design considerations, such as maintaining same size holes or wall thickness, in the form of localized "snaps". Hints eliminate the need for the user to enter specific dimensions or interrogate the model before changing or adding geometry.
- Power Select enables users to search the model for like geometry and to select as a group from the resulting list in order to modify, move, or delete all at once. Given the frequency with which users perform select operations, this streamlined selection process greatly improves personal productivity and overall design efficiency.
- Modern GUI based on the latest Microsoft® technology enables users to focus on working with the design, rather than on working with the software.
- Sketch environment lets users sketch to exact dimensions or create a rough layout for future modification. Sketching entities include lines, arcs, and splines. Sketching tools include trim, offset, and project to sketch. Sketches remain free of constraints, which makes the resulting 3D geometry completely flexible.
- Pull Tool creates and modifies geometry with a simple action. Users can pull a surface to create an extrusion, pocket, or hole. Users can also pull a surface to rotate it around an axis or to create a blend by pulling the surface through different sections. Pulling a profile along a path creates a sweep, and pulling an edge creates a round or chamfer.
- Move Tool speeds the process of moving or copying geometry in a design by providing a 3D handle to reference how geometry should be located along a specified direction or rotated about an anchor point. SpaceClaim also supports familiar Microsoft Cut and Paste commands to move and copy geometry.
- Section Tool provides a way to modify a 3D model by directly changing section geometry located anywhere within the design. This intuitive operation is familiar to those used to working in 2D.
- Associative Drawing environment enables design changes, as well as geometry creation and modification, from within drawing views. The drawing environment provides a familiar work space for those accustomed to working in 2D. Drawings support annotations, including geometric dimensioning and tolerances, to JIS, ISO, and ANSI® standards.
Mark-up and Data Exchange Capabilities
- 3D Mark-up documents design changes using mark-up dimensions that automatically indicate both
previous and current dimensional values.
- Compare function overlays the original model on the changed model and automatically displays all
differences in color-coded highlights.
- Data Import: STEP, IGES, DXF, DWG, BMP, JPG and PNG.
- Data Export: DXF, DWG, XAML, STL, VRML, BMP, JPG and PNG (SpaceClaim LTX also exports STEP and IGES files for other 3D systems).
Free 30-Days-Testversion available for Download here.
The main differences between SpaceClaim's products are import and export capabilities, as well as some options and services that are available with SpaceClaim Professional 2007+.